Thursday, April 7, 2011

You want to rant and rave?

 As a Southern Navy Wife, I take pride in my nation. I take pride in our boys in uniform. I take pride in the wives of our communities. With that being said, where is your pride? I have listened at the commissary, seen it on Facebook, followed you on Twitter... Where is your pride? Why are we airing our dirty laundry for the world to see? If we have a problem with the way things are run, what are we supposed to do? CALL YOUR GOVERNOR!! How many of you have called and talked to your governor? I know I haven't. Shame on us! We are quick to step back and point the finger, but remember what your momma always told you, " for every finger you are pointing, there are 4 pointing right back at you!" Let's stop bashing the government our men are fighting to protect and uphold. And let's start taking some accountability for ourselves! You want to change things around here?! It starts with you! And me!! So here is to calling our Governors in the morning!
  And Ladies! Please remember, they don't want to hear about how bad you have it, they want to hear you tell them "STAND UP FOR US!" Don't waste their time with your sob story, a brief conversation letting them know we have faith in them will do. Be polite, but be firm! "We want the pay check we have earned, please and thank you!" I have faith in all of you! Do the right thing!!
  Secondly, if you still want to help... 
 Make a couple of extra plates at your dinner table, there are bound to be the couple of people who are going to need it. Let's pool together and make this work folks! Remember, we are a family. And for alot of us, this is the only family we have. Be loving, be kind, be gracious, and make your glass half FULL! 
  Until I see you again, 
 GOD BLESS AMERICA & THE TROOPS WHO DEFEND HER!

- Cam

 

Here are the numbers for your govenor: ( what, you didn't think I was going to preach it and then leave you stranded did you?! )

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Governors.shtml
Here is California's newest Governor: I did all the work for you, now pick up the phone and dial!!

You may contact Governor Jerry Brown by mail at:

Mailing address:

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. But be sure to call your representative and not the governor. That is the correct "chain of command" so to speak. Well said. I agree with every word.

    ReplyDelete